The Results Are In: Customers Give SDG&E High Marks on Commitment to Environment
At SDG&E, one of our priorities is reducing carbon emissions to create cleaner air for our customers and our communities. For more than a decade, we’ve been at the forefront of delivering results in support of California’s clean energy agenda. And we are proud to say that in 2016, more than 43 percent of energy delivered to our customers came from renewable sources.
As part of our mission to build the cleanest, safest, most reliable energy company in America, we are committed to clean energy investments, innovative technologies and more customer choice to improve lives and build healthier communities. And our commitment is paying off.
A new survey of utility customers nationwide has recognized SDG&E as a top Utility Environmental Champion of 2017 for our focus on developing new solutions and resources to help deliver clean energy to our customers, safely and reliably.
The study, conducted by Cogent Reports™ and released by Market Strategies International™, surveyed 58,000 customers among 130 of the nation’s largest residential utilities. SDG&E is one of 40 utilities on the list whose customers believe in the company’s environmental initiatives. The ranking reflects the extent to which customers believe SDG&E supports environmental causes, is committed to renewable energy resources, encourages clean energy initiatives and offers tools to help customers manage their energy usage.
Leading the way
SDG&E is continuing to forge the path as a leader in the race to becoming the best energy company in America. In the last year, we have:
- Delivered more than 43 percent of energy from renewable sources, exceeding California’s aggressive renewable portfolio standards of 33 percent by 2020.
- Unveiled the world’s largest lithium ion battery storage facility and proposed five new energy storage projects that will integrate more clean energy onto the grid.
- Connected more than 110,000 private rooftop solar systems to our power grid.
- Filed 7 new proposals to install tens of thousands of electric charging stations in new, key areas to encourage the transition to zero-emission electric vehicles, trucks, shuttles, and delivery fleets. This is in addition to SDG&E’s efforts to install 3,500 charging stations.
- Launched the EcoChoice program, which gives customers the option to subscribe to receive up to 100 percent of their energy from renewable sources.
Click here to learn more about how we are connected to the environment.