Energy Conservation Tips
July 25, 2018
Everyone can help reduce strain on the power grid by practicing the following energy- and money-saving tips.
- Turn off all unnecessary lights;
- Set your thermostat higher or use a ceiling or portable fan instead of AC if possible;
- Run your AC early in the morning to pre-cool your home. Close blinds, shades or drapes to block out the sun's heat;
- Run major appliances, such as your dishwashers, washers and dryers, early in the morning or late at night;
- Unplug TV, cable, DVD or gaming devices when idle, or use a smart power strip to eliminate phantom power; and
- Turn off pool pumps during the late afternoon and evening.
The conservation efforts you make are appreciated. Every little bit helps!